Mirror on the wall, here we are again


Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the fairest of them all? Your mirror will tell you, that you are. You're fair, you're great, you're amazing, you're incredible.

Do you ever look in the mirror and not like the person staring back at you. I'd be surprised if you hadn't felt that way. I doubt that there's anyone in this world that always likes what they see in the mirror. But hey, mirrors are truthful and real. They might not show you what you want to see but definitely show you what you need to see. They're a big part of our day to day life and something that people may use more than others but still arguably a necessity. So just what is so scary or compelling about a mirror?

Well I don't know about you but I hate mirrors. Every time I use the bathroom I avoid looking in the mirror especially when it's a public mirror. I don't know why this is but maybe it comes down to, and maybe some of you can relate, that I have this perceived idea of how I think I look and looking in the mirror will only wreck this. Maybe this could be the reason for why most of us hate looking in the mirror. It's not so much that we don't like what we see but more to do with the fact that it doesn't correspond with what we believed we looked like.

I mean our appearance is something that a lot of people struggle to come to terms with and accept. How we look is never going to change and looking in the mirror only confirms this. We all have this idea of what we think "perfection" is. What we want to look like. Maybe a different eye colour, or different skin complexion or different sized ears. No matter what it is, it's us. You'll see a lot of good looking people in life who you may envy because of their looks. But why are you really envying them? Why is our appearance so important to us. Now I'm not naive to the fact that a lot of stereotypes and judgements are placed on people's appearances today but when it comes down to it you are much bigger than any of that.

I guess a lot of this is reiterating what I said in my previous post. Lately I'm just in a mood where I want people to feel good about themselves because of some of the negativity we experience these days. Moral of the story is... dedicate your life to change things that are in your power to change.

0 comments:

Post a Comment